Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yummy New Breakfast Food


So this morning, I attempted to make peanut butter balls with 1/2 cup of quick oats, 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter, 2 tsp of Splenda, and 1/8 tsp of cinnamon. That's what the closeup above is. Look under the jump to see it in my ready-to-go container.


Obviously, there are no peanut butter balls in this. I think this failed since I poured all the oil off the top of my peanut butter. So I ate it like dry cereal and it tasted really good, like peanut butter granola. I think I've found a new breakfast food! I also ate a stick of the reduced fat string cheese very slowly. I think my classmates were getting hungry from me eating in class. The granola has about 300 calories in it total.

Edit: Fact I learned today: Cravings only last about 5 minutes, so do something that will take your mind off your craving and they will go away. I felt this in action yesterday when I walked past the sugar cookies in the cafeteria. They are pretty tasty, but they're really sweet and if you leave them on a napkin, they will leave grease spots. I don't want something like that in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment