Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Diet, New Me

Hey guys!
I'm back for real this time!!! So I've started on a new and improved healthy diet. I'm eating lots of fruits and vegetables, I'm getting protein and a few carbs. A typical day goes something like this:


Breakfast:
1 serving of oatmeal (Quick Oats)
7 cubes of Colby & Monterey cheese

Snack:
canned pineapple in fruit juice NOT syrup
7-8 almonds

Lunch:
plenty of fruits/vegetables
Lunch is actually my biggest meal.

Dinner:
3 oz can of salmon with black pepper

Snack:
1 individual packet of Scooby Doo fruit snacks
7-8 more almonds

So that's pretty much all I eat for the day. It may not sound like a lot, but already I'm starting to feel fuller on less food. The only thing that really varies are my snacks. Sometimes I won't eat snacks at all, depending on how hungry I'm feeling and I try not to eat after 7 pm. I weighed myself last Wednesday and I weighed just under 180 lb, and I had just eaten, so hopefully I weigh a lot less this week, when I start weighing myself before any meals. I also eat Ramen sometimes for dinner if I feel especially hungry, but I don't use the seasoning included because it contains MSG. I just discovered that yesterday. MSG may hinder weight loss, so if you're eating potato chips or other foods that contain MSG, you could weigh a lot less than you do. I simply put a pinch of salt and a lot of black pepper in the water and eat the noodles. I'm also limiting my salt since salt causes water retention and I don't know if I'm bloated. Overall, I feel pretty healthy and I hope to continue on this journey with you here and hopefully I'll keep updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment